If your website is an important part of your business it’s critical it’s well managed. A smooth, efficient web experience says a great deal about your business — you care about your visitors and you take the time to care for your site. UMS Website Management at your service.
Tired of spending hours trying to figure out how to manage your site? Wish you had a “web guy” on staff but can’t justify a full or part time employee? UMS Website Management service has got you covered!
A lot they neglect upgrades, content updates, and more, and their website suffers as a result.
With our unique Web Maintenance and Management Service, we’ll manage and grow your web presence making sure it’s driving value into your organization, regardless of who originally built your website.
Why Maintain a Website?
- Constantly check bugs, errors, missing links, etc
- update latest data to make the site and business grow effectively
- Help troubleshooting time
- Periodical review of traffic statistics and hits to the website
- Help improve search engines and page ranking
Maintenance Service Areas
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- Use a tool like moz.com to identify structural issues with your site that may affect how search engines view your site like missing titles or duplicate content. (Starting with their Search > Crawl Diagnostics report.)
- Identify new referrers that are sending traffic to your site. (In Google Analytics go to Acquisition > All Referrals)
- Regularly Checking Google Webmaster Tools for any crawl errors which affect the over-all site SEO
- Confirm that file and database backups are being automatically performed on at least a weekly basis.
- Verify that backups are stored off site. (Cloud Server and External Hard Drives)
- Restore from backup at least once every six months to ensure the backups are valid.
- Test any important functionality like filling out contact forms, signup forms, checkout forms, etc. to make sure everything is working.
- Navigation: Basic navigational changes (add, move or delete an item in the navigation
- File Downloads: Additions or deletions of PDFs and other documents
- Videos: Insertion or deletion of pre-edited video
- Links: Additions or deletions
- All Standard Support: Help with e-mail set-up, etc.
- Use Google Page Speed Insights or Yahoo’s YSlow to identify issues that might be slowing down your site.
- Use Google Analytics to spot trends (good or bad) in your site’s performance. (Go to Behavior > Site Speed > Overview)
- Schedule and send branded email marketing once a week to your subscribers’ list.
- Schedule and upload content on your Website Blog.
- Applying available security patches for site content management systems, e-commerce carts, etc.
- Evaluate non-critical software updates to see if they’re worth applying.
- Create a Google Analytics dashboard to highlight the most important metrics for your site.
- Look for trends (good or bad) in your key metrics.
- If your site accepts comments or other content created by your users, we will continually check for any spam that may have gotten past your filters.
CHECK FOR BROKEN LINKS
- Run a link checker to crawl your site and look for broken links that frustrate users and reduce search engine rankings.
Overview of Our Management Features
- A complete “unique” design or re-design of your business website
- Web Blog posting with contents (we can also teach you to DIY)
- Site Security against Hackers etc
- Recommend the best hosting for your website
- Domain registration, renewal and transfer services
- A complete website re-designed with SEO in mind from the very beginning not as an after thought
- Ecommerce including PayPal® and catalog development
- Search Engine Analysis and Marketing for your domain
- Adding regular specials, coupons, etc. to attract new customers
- Removing and replacing old news items and press releases
- Removing and replacing date sensitive information (eg dates of exhibitions or events your company is attending or arranging through the year)
- Removing and correcting broken links to internal and external sites
- Replacing and updating images
- Updating staff profiles or recruitment information
- Proven ideas meant to drive your target audience to your website
- Adding/Deleting/Updating site products