A web app developer is a software designer or engineer who is involved in the development and design of web and/or network applications. They work in a variety of organizations of any size, and some work as independent freelancers. This career is a very rewarding one that offers many attractive benefits including job satisfaction, job security and excellent pay and benefits.
Web app developers are typically responsible for IT duties involved in web development and programming, as well as coding. Their role is very critical, as they are the driving force behind the success of an application. The creation of a web application usually involves one or more developers.
The responsibilities of a web app developer will vary depending on the organization they work for and the type of projects they handle. It may vary from project to project as well. One of the most basic and common types of web app development involves e-commerce websites. The typical duties of this role include:
- Developing and managing software packages for websites
- Developing and managing installation programs for websites
- Programming web application codes
- Programming content and page links
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Analysis and testing
- Niche designing
What are the basic knowledge and stages needed to be a web application expert?
- What are the career outlook?
- What are the features a good website app must have
- What are the other important functionalities like hosting, domain, custom-designs and template-designs
- What soft skills are required for being a web app developer/designer?
- What are the common mistakes most developers make and how to avoid them?
Tips for being successful in this industry?